OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE NOBLE OUTFITTERS, RIDING THROUGH THE GENERATIONS CONTEST
1. INTRODUCTION: Active Interest Media, LLC (d/b/a EquiSearch.com) and Noble Rider, LLC (“Sponsor”) are offering the Noble Outfitters Riding Through the Generations ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILTY: Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of 1/12/2015, who is a resident of the USA or D.C. excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Employees of Sponsor, the Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. TIMING: Contest is broken into multiple phases. The “first phase” (entry period) begins at 12:01a.m. E.T. on Monday, January 12, 2015, and ends at 11:59p.m. E.T. on Monday, March 23, 2015. The top four (4) finalists will be announced on, or around, Wednesday, March 25, 2015. The “second phase” (voting period) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. The public will vote upon finalists until April 6, 2015 at 11:59p.m. E.T., and the entry with the most votes will be the grand-prize winner. The grand-prize winner will be announced on or around April 7, 2015. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the contest at their sole discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Visit http://www.nobleoutfitters.com/generationscontest to enter the Contest by (a) completing the official entry form and (b) explaining in 500 words or less about how horse riding has influenced your family generations. Individuals may enter this Contest only once. More than one entry from any person or email address will void all entries from that person or email address. To enter via mail, send in your story with an (optional) photo including your full name, address, and email address to “Riding Through the Generations Contest” Attn: Noble Outfitters Digital Marketing, 4335 North Star Way Building E, Modesto, CA 95356. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by March 16, 2015 and received by Sponsor no later than March 23, 2015.
5. JUDGING: The “first phase” of this Contest will be judged on four (4) winners that will be selected by the Sponsor. Each entry will be judged on seventy percent (70%) originality and thirty percent (30%) creativity. The “second phase” of this Contest will have one (1) grand-prize winner selected based upon the number of votes received after Wednesday, March 25, 2015 until April 6, 2015. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. By entering your email address you agree to receive offers from Noble Outfitters, and a monthly newsletter from Horse&Rider magazine and special offers and promotions from Horse&Rider magazine and other selected partners. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time, immediately, once you receive your first newsletter. One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected based upon receiving the most votes by April 6, 2015. The grand-prize selection will be announced on or about Tuesday, April 7, 2015 by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email or phone on or about Tuesday, April 7, 2015. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant may be selected in his or her place from the other three (3) finalists.
6. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release ("Affidavit") in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If an entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant's parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor's inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor's sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant is responsible for his or her entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the entry, each entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (a) entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (b) entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the entry to use that person's name or likeness in the entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an entry to Sponsor, entrant (a) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (b) hereby acknowledges and agrees that entries (including material submitted by entrant in connection with the Contest) become Sponsor's property and will not be returned; and (c) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Contest in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an entry.
8. PRIZE: One (1) grand-prize winner will win an all-expense paid trip to the Noble Outfitters Montana Lodge including a four (4) day stay, airfare and vehicle transportation to the lodge, meals and fishing on the Big Horn River, plus a Noble Outfitters Generations shirt, for up to eight (8) people (ARV: up to $10,000). Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of value that is up to the sole discretion of the Sponsor, unless the law prohibits such substitution. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner's request.
9. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) the submitted information is truthful in all respects, original, does not violate any law or regulation and do not infringe or violate any third party rights, including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity; and (b) submitted information does not contain nudity, sexually explicit content or violent or offensive material. Potential winner and any guest who will share in the prizes may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within three (3) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Riding Through the Generations Contest", Attn: Noble Outfitters Digital Marketing, 4335 North Star Way Building E, Modesto, CA 95356. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 7, 2015.
13. PRIZE PROVIDERS: Noble Rider, LLC, 4335 North Star Way Building E, Modesto, CA 95356.